Re: Malloc and security

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 09:25:51PM +0100, Jamie White wrote:
> Just a quick question, which malloc, is there anyway that this
> function (used in C) could allocate memory into already allocated
> memory, such as the stack - or code space!

The debian-devel mailing list is meant for development _of_ Debian,
not _with_ Debian. In other words, we use this list for discussing
how to make Debian itself better. Your question seems to be better
suited for the other category. For that, I do not know of suitable
mailing lists, but the Usenet newsgroup comp.lang.c would do; also
the website http://stackoverflow.com/ may be helpful.

(The short answer is: It's not a problem in malloc, it's a problem
in your code, and you probably have a pointer problem or your code
uses memory that has already been freed.)

Happy hacking.

--
All my predictions will turn out to be false