Re: [RFC] Add upstream VCS info to control file

Le Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 02:59:26PM +0200, Gregor Jasny a écrit :

> When one tries to fix a FTBFS bug a look into the upstream VCS is
> often helpful. Sometimes a link to browse them is easily found on
> the homepage linked from the PTS page. But often these links are
> deeply buried in the linked website.
>
> What I'd like to see in the Debian control file are Vcs-Upstream
> fields that work like their Vcs- pendents but point to the upstream
> sources. These URLs would also be linked in the PTS.
>
> Does this sound reasonable?

Dear Gregor,

how about using the debian/upstream file for that purpose ?  We are setting up
a system to parse them and feed their contents to the UDD, that the PTS could
query.  Alternatively, the files are gathered and refreshed for Unstable in a
pool directory accessible via a Subversion repository.

  http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/collab-qa/packages-metadata/

  http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata

The big advantage of this system is that, assuming that the source package
itself is stored in a VCS, the information can be updated without a sourceful
upload.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy