bitbucket is lock in? (was: Re: Packaging on GitHub ?)

On Tue, 29 May 2012, Brian May wrote:

I don't see the problem, github is just a hosting provider. Unlike,
say Bitkeeper, you are free to make git clones anywhere, entirely with
open source software, and are in no way locked down to using github.

Can you elaborate on the bitbucket case there? How am I not allowed to do a git clone from my git repo on bitbucket account? Where the same just works in github?

--
/brother
http://martin.bagge.nu