Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

]] Uoti Urpala

Hi,

> Wrong: as mentioned in this thread before, one of the advantages of the
> etc-overrides-lib model is the option of having a file in /etc that
> first includes the one in /lib, then overrides just one particular
> value. This allows handling more updates without needing manual changes,
> as you can automatically pick up other updated values while keeping the
> override, without needing to do 3-way merges.

This doesn't always work, though.  For instance, for systemd, you'd have
no way to get rid of an ExecStartPre line, since you can have multiple
of them.  It's probably not that common, but it's a use case I want to
support.

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen