Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

* Stephan Seitz <stse+debian@fsing.rootsland.net> [120222 14:49]:
> I don’t doubt it, but the question is, who cares if the boot process
> takes a little bit longer?

Well, time to boot is quite important for many people, me included.

I would never want a system without shell scripts, though.
Booting (and shutting down) is a far too complex issue, so it will
never work perfectly. Not being able to fix a little shell script
or add some echos to some to see what actually fails is just too
brittle for non-toy usage. (Not to mention that most people will
simply not have the skills to fix a problem within some C daemon with
plugins, so using systemd will be quite a costly bet for most people)

        Bernhard R. Link