Re: Debian 5.0 support for VMware ESX 3.5/4.0/ESXi 4.1

Hello,

On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:40:03 +0100
Piotrek P <to.think.about@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
> Please be aware that VMware ESX 3.5 is NOT supporting any of Debian
> as Guest OS. Please be aware that VMware ESXi 4.1 IS supporting
> Debian 4.0, 5.0 as Guest OS. Please be aware that VMware ESX 5.0 IS
> supporting Debian 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 as Guest OS.

Piotrek, I wonder, what do you mean when you say 'support'? What kind
of support do you personally need? VMware (afaik) does have some
Linux-specific hacks, but they do work regardless of a distribution and
Linux kernel version. Also, it's quite probable that there aren't any
real hacks there but just some presets (correct me if I'm wrong).

So, does it really matter?

--
WBR, Andrew