Re: cross-build-essential

Le 21/01/2012 16:29, Neil Williams a écrit :
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:37:58 +0800
> Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Wookey wrote:
>>
>>> Currently on Debian you'll need to have made the emdebian repositories
>>> available because otherwise you won't find any cross-compilers, but
>>> hopefully we'll have them in the main archive in the not-too distant.
>>
>> Whats the status/blockers for getting these into Debian main?
[...]
> The cross-dependency resolution is yet another feature of Debian which
> is waiting for MultiArch...

  While waiting on proper MultiArch in Debian (when will dpkg with
multiarch properly uploaded in Debian...), I prepared (mostly for
teaching needs) cross-compiler packages for mipsel and armel.
I compiled them on i386 and amd64, using compiler and software
from squeeze. If you need them, you can add:

deb http://people.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable mipsel-cross armel-cross

I compiled (for use in cross-build) the binutils package, the
gcc-4.4 package and the gdb package using the support from the
Debian package itself. Note that, for the latter (gdb),
due to bug in the squeeze package for cross compilation, I use
the unstable (7.3-1) version + a patch found in one of the gdb
bug. It seems that the version in experimental is now ok (the
bugs are closed and there is even a gdb-multiarch package)

If these packages can be useful for other, feel free to use them.

  Regards,
    Vincent

PS: my student successfully used these packages on Debian squeeze/testing
and unstable but also in Ubuntu (for Ubuntu Lucid, you will have to install
the libmpfr4 package from Maverick (no other dependency))

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87