Re: Releasing DEP 5 in two weeks in the absence of blocking bugs.

Le Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 07:13:34PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :

> The above notwithstanding, we can probably learn from this thread that,
> for the future, it would help to first announce "I'm about to mark
> DEP-$x as ACCEPTED" and then doing that.  I personally don't think it is
> a big deal, but given that others disagree, ... why not.

Dear Stefano and everybody,

this is probably the occasion for me to remind that I posted such a message for
DEP 5 last December, and that I have not read disagreements.

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/12/msg00011.html

While I wrote “in two weeks” at that time, it would have fell on the 24th,
which in retrospect I felt was not appropriate.  Now that I have almost resumed
my routine activities, I am ready to keep my promise, probably next week.

I do not intend to push a document on which persons disagree, so please, if you
think that there are serious problems with the current wording DEP 5, or if you
found an important bug in its syntax, report it to the BTS.

More than one year ago, Lars announced on debian-devel-announce “DEP5:
CANDIDATE and ready for use in squeeze+1”.  Let's make sure it happens.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan