Re: Source package without a binary

Joachim Breitner, 2012-01-05 18:26+0100 (gmane.linux.debian.devel.general):
> Theoretically, there is no interesting binary package produced from this
> source package and it seems that the policy does not explicitly require
> that a source package produces binary packages... but I am certain that
> this is an assumption buried deep within so many parts of our
> infrastructure that it is not a good idea to actually try this.

Would there not be an interest in allowing people to install the test
suite itself for their own usage? That may be a relevant binary package,
that could be compared with the linux-source packages for instance
(although these are not a test suite, of course).

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Tanguy>
| `-'    Debian Developer