Re: aptitude weirdness wrt upgrades and keeps

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
>> Not a solution for the interactive mode, or am I wrong?
>
> Not AFAICT, I only read the documentation rather than the code though.

Kinda surprising, actually; this has long been the #1 most horrible
thing about aptitude, and one about which there's been plenty of
complaining...

[With the normal "U" command, for my typical usage, aptitude seems to
choose the worst possible solution about 98% of the time.]

-Miles

--
Cabbage, n. A familiar kitchen-garden vegetable about as large and wise as a
man's head.