Re: Move all to /usr

On Mi, Okt 12, 2011 at 23:33:23 (CEST), Michelle Konzack wrote:

> Hello Matt Zagrabelny,
>
> Am 2011-10-11 11:21:30, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
>> There are good arguments in the following link (Marco provided it with
>> his initial email.)
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove
>
> I have read this too but what about systems which do not have an initrd?
> How then can /usr mounted?

They'll then need an initramfs for mounting a /usr that's not on /. For
systems with /usr not being separate from /, nothing changes.

Note that an initramfs can be embedded directly into the kernel, so this
wouldn't require necessarily any changes to your bootloader.

> (I have problems on my Sun Fire X4250 and my storage servers  which  are
> working perfectly without inttrd)

Great. It's not running fedora, I persume, so they probably won't care.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4