Re: Move all to /usr

[…]

 >> /usr/src -> /usr/share/src

 > Probably depends if you want to support compile outputs there.  I
 > guess some people compile their kernels there.

	Which isn't a good practice, anyway.  For the kernel, it was my
	preference to have a single source hierarchy, and a separate
	hierarchy for each build, under, e. g., /var/tmp/, or /home/.
	(I haven't build a kernel for a while, though.)

	With /usr mounted read-only, it's still a suitable place for
	sources, but hardly so for builds.

 >> /usr/local -> /local

 > Don't know what you want to say with that, apart from getting rid of
 > FHS.

	I did it this way, and I did it the other.  I feel no
	difference.

	As for the shared /usr, having local/ under /usr allows for
	site-specific software to be seen by the NFS clients, which is
	probably what one would want.

--
FSF associate member #7257