Re: Hardening build flags release goal

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Do we have a proper definition, and sample implementation(s) for “using
> dpkg-buildflags properly”? On the top of my hat, it looks like semantics
> and recommendations changed a bit over the years, so I kind of lost
> count.

I'm going to prepare a "Bits from dpkg developers" to send to d-d-a when dpkg
1.16.1 is uploaded and it will cover this.

The next version provides 2 new ways to "use" dpkg-buildflags:

1/ ./configure $(dpkg-buildflags --export=configure)

2/ Adding this to debian/rules:
DPKG_EXPORT_BUILDFLAGS = 1
include /usr/share/dpkg/buildflags.mk

On top of that, debhelper in compat 9 does also automatically set the
compilation flags in the environment so should be working out of the box
in many cases.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer