Re: Introduction of a "lock" group

[Roger Leigh]
> tmpfiles.d comes from systemd, but we could adopt the concept
> without systemd being involved.  If we didn't adopt tmpfiles.d,
> it would be the responsibility of the init script to create
> the necessary directories.

Makes sense that tmpfiles.d comes from systemd, if he's trying to get
away from shell scripts.  But for those who think it's annoying to have
to put 3 separate steps in your init script 'start' section (mkdir -p,
chown, chmod), I'd like to point out that you may as well just use
install -d, and do it all in one step.

Not to say we _can't_ adopt the tmpfiles.d approach, just that doing
this sort of thing inside your init script need not be painful.
--
Peter Samuelson | org-tld!p12n!peter | http://p12n.org/