How to close bug #620550?

Hello,

I'm looking for advice on how to get bug #620550[1] closed. This thread[2] on php-maint is the only record I can find of why PHP was switched from GDBM to QDBM. That change introduced gdbm_ symbol conflicts that end up breaking GDBM functionality in other packages (mod_perl2 in my case). I provided patches (which may or may not be the correct approach) to enable building QDBM without the "GDBM emulation" but haven't seen any activity on the bug in months. On all our production squeeze servers we've had to resort to building QDBM from source and replacing the shared lib from the Debian package with our own which isn't ideal. Should that bug be flagged as RC since it breaks functionality in other packages? It would be nice to ensure this problem doesn't exist in the next Debian release if it can't be fixed in stable.

Thanks,
Keith

1: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=620550
2: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-php-maint/2010-February/007044.html