Re: [Soc-coordination] Removing Spam from the Listarchives (was: Debian mailing lists archives as mbox

Hiya,

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 09:34:45AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Olly Betts (olly@survex.com):
>
> > rather than having a separate flag state for those, but the reports have
> > been reviewed by a human, so should be higher quality than the
> > unfiltered reports from clicks on the "Spam" buttons.
>

> Reports we get through the "Spam" buttons *are* reviewed by
> humans. Indeed they have to be confirmed as spam by 3 humans (these
> humas being DDs)

I think he's saying that there's an extra piece of "is this spam?"
information that you can have access too if you'd like.

This is a generous offer, and I think it should be accepted. Perhaps
messages flagged as spam by the gmane reviewers could count as one of
the DD votes?

btw, the spam problem is just as large (or even larger, judging by what
makes it to my mailboxes) on Alioth lists. Is there any work on
extending the Debian solution to those?

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ iain@orangesquash.org.uk ]