Features Missing in Debian's Package Management System

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate mailing list for the subject or
not. If not, please let me know the right place for this discussion.

There are a few features that would probably improve Debian's package Management
system (at least based on my needs). And maybe they exist somewhere I don't know
about.

1. system-bug-status: This is actually pretty easy to implement. This program
should periodically check the bug tracking system for bugs in installed packages
and report to the system administrator.
* It can prioritize the packages based on there importance, how frequently they
are used, possible security risks and manual configurations.
* It can be configured to check only for the bugs based on their classifications
(serious, important, normal, verified or not, etc.)
* For different combinations of these two it can determine the appropriate
period to check.

2. The ability to ban certain packages and (possibly) there dependent packages.
So that they wouldn't show up in the package manager at all.

I would really appreciate any ideas and suggestions.

Regards,
Eliad

--
Eliad Bagherzadegan