Re: more about Zookeeper

I just looked at this bug and it looks like a configuration error in
the environment rather than a bug in Zookeeper per se.

In particular, Java >= 1.6 is an explicit requirement of the Zookeeper
package while the error being emitted is highly characteristic of an
attempt to compile 1.6 compatible code on a java 1.5 compiler.

This is a relatively basic problem:

  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1678122/must-override-a-superclass-method-errors-after-importing-a-project-into-eclipse
  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2335655/why-is-javac-failing-on-override-annotation

I am surprised that you didn't know about this since you seem to be
otherwise knowledgable.

In any case, it is a bit strong language to blame code quality for a
build system configuration error.

Also, nobody seems to have contacted the actual project maintainers
about this problem.  Your comments about lack of motivation are also
somewhat ad hominem (and incorrect).