Re: Ok to use upstream doumentation as-is (i.e. not regenerate)?

> I have noticed several times package changes like the following (from
> cairomm entering testing today):
>   * debian/control:
>     - Drop build dependencies on doxygen and graphviz, since upstream
>       now ships the generated documentation

Definitely not the prefered thing to do, imo.

> Do we have some consensus on what is ok to redistribute as-is and what
> not?

You need to ensure that (package in main. contrib/non-free are different)

 - you can build everything you ship inside main,
 - the thing you ship in your package is what the shipped source will
   end up producing when someone builts it (minus things like timestamps).

The easiest way to do this is to actually build it yourself. Especially
so if you need to fix something in there and want to have that fix
appear...

--
bye, Joerg
If you’re going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then