Re: Uploading to multiple distros

I handle this using a set of scripts in Ubuntu's bikeshed package:
 * http://manpg.es/release-build
 * http://manpg.es/release

+1! I have been using these scripts extensively to do my releases, and preparing the packages to upload them into the archive or PPA's. Specifically for TestDrive and PowerNap. A common example is PowerNap, on which I use these scripts to prepare a release, test it, and once I'm satisfied, I upload them to the PPA's without having to do manual modifications to the changelogs and being able to easily release a backport in PPA for PowerNap.

These scripts are a little Ubuntu/Launchpad/Bzr specific, so I'm not
advocating their use to you (Debian), but acknowledging and supporting
Ian's suggestion to solve some duplication of effort!

I agree with you Dustin that the use of scripts like this can resolve some duplication! Even though they don't work with Debian itself, I don't see the problem of adapting them to handle both cases and then making life easier for everybody!

--
Andres Rodriguez (RoAkSoAx)
Ubuntu Server Developer