new Contents generator on ftp-master
we have disabled the contents generator of apt-ftparchive and replaced
it by a new implementation in dak. There are some visible changes:
1) Contents-udeb.gz and Contents-udeb-nf.gz are now available under
their canonical names main/Contents-amd64.gz and non-free/Contents-amd64.gz.
2) The encoding in proper UTF-8. ISO8859-1 filenames are re-coded
automatically. To find out what happens to other encodings is left as an
exercise to the reader. :)
3) There are some minor changes in the file header.
4) No tabs anymore - just spaces.
5) Packages with duplicate filenames are marked just as such and no
contents is recorded, e.g.
6) Empty packages are marked as well, e.g.
7) We have all filenames in our database now and that makes new queries
The new implementation is currently only used for suites that are not
marked as untouchable. Oldstable and stable will switch during the next