Re: DEP5 CANDIDATE parser/editor/validator/migrator is released in libconfig-model-perl

Thanks for your work, here are a few things I stumbled on.
(Version: 1.229-1)

Worst problem: -save *removes* all Comment fields except for one
in the header section.

Also, -save converted in the header "Disclaimer:\n Foo" into "Disclaimer: Foo".
If I'm reading DEP-5 right, that's not correct, the Disclaimer is not
supposed to have a synopsis. That is also done for a Comment field
in the header section.

Also, note that "Comment: foo" is not flagged as a problem (despite
being apparently illegal -- DEP-5 puzzlingly does not allow a comment
to have a synopsis).

With -save, two trailing license blocks with identical content got
reordered, which was surprising. (I dislike that DEP-5 seems to require
I duplicate content here; I considered making the second block say "See above",
but it seems likely it could be presented out of order by some future tool.)

-License: GPL-2+
+License: GPL-2
  The full text of the GPL is distributed as COPYING in moreutils's source,
  and is distributed in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2 on Debian systems.

-License: GPL-2
+License: GPL-2+
  The full text of the GPL is distributed as COPYING in moreutils's source,
  and is distributed in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2 on Debian systems.

The following seemed to be caused by a Comment field at the end of a section.
I had to move it to above the License field.

Missing 'Files:' specification at top of section number 4. Adding 'Files: *' spec
Configuration item 'Files:* License short_name' has a wrong value:
	license other is not declared in main Licence section. Expected GPL-2 GPL-2+
zsh: exit 25    config-edit -application dpkg-copyright -ui none -save

Unfortunatly I didn't preserve the input that caused this crash:

joey@gnu:~/src/moreutils>config-edit -application dpkg-copyright -ui none
You should install Config::Model::TkUI or Config::Model::CursesUI for a more friendly user interface
Can't call method "fetch_element" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Config/Model/Backend/Debian/Dpkg/Copyright.pm line 111.

--
see shy jo