Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Salvo Tomaselli <tiposchi@tiscali.it> writes:

> In my opinion, the more safety checks there are, the more stupid the
> users become.  Without safety they have to be awake and careful to what
> they are doing.

It depends on how frequent the action that you're wrapping in a safety
check is.  Deleting files, absolutely.  I'm not a fan of the alias rm to
rm -i approach.  But printing documents is not as routine of an action,
and printing documents that the author thinks shouldn't be printed is even
rarer.  I don't think that's the kind of warning that becomes
mind-numbing.