Re: List of FTBFS in Ubuntu

On 07/12/10 at 13:17 +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 07, 2010, Loïc Minier wrote:
> >  The apport failure as bugged me for a while, I tried to reproduce it
> >  multiple times in the past and even just understanding the failure from
> >  the source and error message, but couldn't figure it out in the past;
>
>  Maybe the difference is in the order in which files are returned when
>  scanning directories, perhaps because we're using different
>  filesystems.
>
>  I can see that different code pathes are being used, but install_auto()
>  is supposed to iterate over data/icons symlinks and create target
>  directories even before the install subcommands are run; I don't
>  understand why it isn't run in your case

I'm building on tmpfs, FWIW. If the build process involves creating
temporary files on a filesystem without sub-second granularity (like
ext3 on /tmp), then copying them back on tmpfs, and comparing their
mtimes, it can cause problems.
All packages in Debian are currently fine with this, but in the past,
there were some packages with configure scripts from broken autoconf
versions, I think. It's possible that something similar is happening
here.
Are you building on ext3 or ext4?

- Lucas