Re: Marius Vollmer [magit] MIA?

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> wrote:

> He's the maintainer of the "magit" package, which doesn't seem to have
> received any attention in a long time.  I sent email to him a few weeks
> ago, but haven't received any reply.
>
> Has anyone had contact with Marius Vollmer, or know what's up with the
> magit package?

Usually it is a good idea to CC the allegedly MIA maintainer (done on
this mail).

Have you done any of the things suggested by the devref?

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/beyond-pkging.html#mia-qa

In this case it looks like he is having trouble finding sponsorship,
an update has been waiting on mentors.d.n for a long time:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/magit.html
http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=magit

It looks like his initial sponsor (Risko Gergely, CCed) is not very
active. Marius if you read this, it is usually a good idea to redirect
your RFS mails to -mentors if your sponsor does not answer in a timely
manner. And also ask the MIA team if s/he is inactive.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise