Re: Backports service becoming official

Hi all,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:14, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 01:19:20PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
>> On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> > From what concerns the BTS, Don's proposal in [2] (the main one, not
>> > the alternative solution) seems reasonable to me and others in the
>> > thread. The proposal also seems to assume a different Maintainer
>> > field for the bpo package, as hinted above, am I wrong Don?
>>
>> Right. The idea here is that there will be an additional recipient for
>> bugs which affect the version present in bpo; in the case where the
>> bug is bpo only, headers in the message will allow maintainers to
>> filter out these bugs in mail and the bug listings.
>
> OK, thanks for the clarification. Still, we need to decide—sort of
> now—whether we need to add support in reportbug for mailing backport
> report bugs to the bpo list or not (and that might require some time, as
> someone needs to do the work, coordinate with the reportbug maintainer
> and with the release team, to check whether there's room to have the
> change in testing or not). Do you think we should add such a support or
> not?

>From a reportbug POV, it's not a big deal to redirect the reports for
bpo packages to something different than submit@b.d.o. What I need to
know is:

- the address where to send the bugs
- a regular expression (bonus points if already in python format) to
precisely identify bpo packages from the package version
- if we need to implement it (oh, did I mention that a patch would be
awesome?) :)

If I get the thread correctly, this is just a workaround to allow
owner@b.d.o to have the time to properly implement that in the BTS,
and so this code will be removed at some point in the future: please
correct me if I'm wrong (and note that I'd like to consider this a
temporary fix not a definitive one).

Regards,