Re: Moving package with quilt to new upstream version

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >   QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches quilt push
> >
> > will do the same. You only need QUILT_PATCHES for the first quilt call.
>
> Is that so?  That would be good news, but it doesn't match my
> experience...  although the last time I tried that was some months ago.
> Is it new functionality in quilt, or something changed in the way dpkg
> sets up .pc/ recently ?

Both: dpkg-source creates the .pc with the appropriate info, and quilt has
been modidied (with upstream collaboration) to use that info (and set it
up if it's not there).

And for you problem of dirty VCS, do you know of --unapply-patches option
for dpkg-source? you can put it in debian/source/local-options, see
dpkg-source(1) for explanations.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)