Re: Bits from keyring-maint

On Sep 15, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> > I would like to know the process which lead to selecting these figures.
> Apparently, just like many other things in the project: the folks
> doing the work (and appointed for this by the project through the DPL)
> examine the situation, make plans and decisions and
> then announce them.
I suppose that this was not the result of cargo cult engineering, so if
these new recommended key values have been selected as the result of a
process I am curious to know the rationale which lead to the choice.
It really looks like a simple question to me.

I am just asking for a rationale. I would like to know if the new
recommended key values have been selected as the result of a process,
and what the rationale is, or if this is cargo cult engineering.

> I somehow understand you might be unhappy about this way to do
> things. Is this interpretation from my side?
Assumingly this is the result of an informed choice, then I have no
objections at all.

--
ciao,
Marco