source package version 3 (quilt) and missing .orig.tar.gz in .changes file

Hi everyone, can someone help me please?

I have package with source format 3.0 (quilt).

I build my package always with
	cowbuilder --build --buildresult . $package_$version.dsc
and normally that works without any problem.

DId it today with a package with version 2.3.8-1 and woops, in the
generated .changes file there the .orig.tar.gz is not mentioned!

How does that come? I tought that with release of -1 it is always
included?

(I didn't check and uploaded straight ahead, which was of course rejected)

Any ideas who is to blame here?

Best wishes

Norbert
`You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace.
It's unpleasently like being drunk.'
`What's so unpleasent about being drunk?'
`You ask a glass of water.'
                 --- Arthur getting ready for his first jump into hyperspace.