Re: bindv6only again

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 18:59:16 +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> I didn't look at the source, but if it's already using
> getaddrinfo() and going over all the addresses it returned,
> I don't see why it should be broken with either value of
> the option.
>
> So I can only assume that it doesn't go over all the
> addresses returned by getaddrinfo(), and that that is
> the real issue.

Whatever "the real issue" means.  It assumes that bind() on in6addr_any
allows receiving ipv4 packets, as the spec says it does.
I know it could use multiple sockets, but that would be a less
trivial patch, and wouldn't make any actual difference afaict.

> I also think that applications should set it to 1, so I would
> disagree with that patch.  And it would still have a problem
> on an OS that doesn't allow you to set that to 0.

I couldn't care less about openbsd.

Cheers,
Julien