How does lintian detect embedded-zlib?

Hello!
Cause binaries generated by the FPC (FreePascalCompiler) produce the
Lintian error "embedded-zlib", I cannot upload a new version of a package I
maintain which overrides this error. (It's not allowed to override it at
time)
So I started some research why this error is shown. FPC - generally - does
not link any lib statically, so this ZLib error is bit strange.
How does Lintian detect the embedded zlib in binaries? If it scans for some
patterns, it might be a false positive because FPC itself has a similar
algorithm in its RTL.
Does someone know more about Lintians way of finding embedded ZLibs?
Thanks & kind regards
  Matthias Klumpp