Re: Apparent portmap to rpcbind transition?

Mark Brown schrieb am Donnerstag, den 07. Januar 2010:

Hi,

> > I see that nfs-common depends on portmap | rpcbind. However, nis only depends
> > on portmap, and can therefore not be installed at the same time as rpcbind.
>
> Yes, this is the root of the issue - if we're changing what we're doing
> with portmappers what's the plan for managing this.  What should be the
> default, is the old portmap going away and so on.  At the minute there's
> been no coordination at all, the first time I heard of rpcbind was when
> I was resolving the NFS breakage.
Ehm, the reason was a bug. nfs-common was broken, if connecting to localhost
it was only trying ::1, but without a fallback on 127.0.0.1.

There wasn't any indication in the package that this breakage was on purpose.
I guess it was just bad testing.

The NMU is in delayed/1 and should hit unstable in a few hours.

Alex