Re: dh_config_model_upgrade: package upgrade with Config::Model

Le vendredi 4 décembre 2009 13:01:39, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> My reading of the above quoted test, is that Config::Model is not
> seeking to replace debconf; it is going to use it as other packages do
> for interacting with the user. Or, to be more precise, my understanding
> is that the package helper is going to prepare debconf questions that
> will be shipped in the packages which use that helper.

Correct.

One possible extension to Config::Model is to use Debconf as a more generic
interface. This could be used to generate Debconf question to fill missing
mandatory values (as GUI or curses interface are generated at run time). I'm
working on this, but it seems quite difficult to generate debconf question
dynamically. Not to mention translation problems...

All the best

Dominique
--
http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/