Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> writes:

> This discussion on -devel is quite useless and contra productive for
> everyone involved.

Yet it is the forum where everyone *is* involved. This is an open
project, I hope.

> There is currently discussion ongoing about how to move forward,
> though due to the complex nature of the current situation (where also
> lots of FUD etc is on the lists), it is being dealt in private.

That means we who are not in that private forum have no information
about what's going on — or even whether *anything* is going on. If those
who are discussing it in private want discussions here in public to
remain current, please contribute.

Telling people not to discuss the issue publicly is counter-productive
to an open project.

> I would rather not have sent this mail as some seem to try to block
> any solution, though I'm sick of all the FUD and useless discussion
> and hope that this will put things in perspective.

I'm extremely glad you sent this message. If you don't want FUD, provide
facts (as you have done in this instance). Please, those involved in
such private discussions, do this early and often.

--
 \     “We are human only to the extent that our ideas remain humane.” |
  `\                          —_Breakfast of Champions_, Kurt Vonnegut |