Debian as open project

Joey Hess wrote:
> So, Debian is no longer an open project?

<sarcasm>Why would having pointless discussions and flames on the lists
and because of that private discussions to get real solutions mean that
Debian is not an open project anymore?</sarcasm>

The problems are known and are on the lists, the start of discussions is
on the lists, the flames and pointless iterations of repeating
complaints is on the lists. Even the explanation of the real issues on
both (or sometimes more) sides is on the lists.

Unfortunately Debian does not seem to be able to also have real
constructive discussion about complex issues on the lists. So for these
issues we usually have real discussions on IRC, real life, phone or
private mail. The final result of these discussions is normally also on
the lists as proposals or announcements.

So I still think that Debian is an open project.

Cheers

Luk