Re: Has Debian abandoned Python?

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mi, 02 Dez 2009, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
>
> Nice try, but I was talking about a GNOME/systray applet I wrote
> so that you can click-point turning on/off the various hardwares.

Ah, ok.   NetworkManager is supposed to be able to deal with rfkill, too
(might need bleeding edge for that).  I don't have a clue on how well it
does that, though.

> This is currently only possible for the bluetooth in gnome, but
> not for my laptop's builtin WWAN and WLAN.

Heh, already got some side comments about gnome interfering with
bluetooth rfkill from an user :-p

> My program allows exactely that, and uses either DBus/HAL interface
> of /dev/rfkill.

Just keep in mind that /dev/rfkill manipulates radios of a given _type_
as a group, and that an user could have many radios of the same type,
and want to manipulate just one.  Also, touching any rfkill line _can_
cause hotplug and hotunplug of devices.

  Henrique Holschuh