Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009, Christoph Egger wrote:
> I'm seeing exactly this problem with the proposal. IMHO we really
> need a way to definitely get the submitter and we need to use that
> whenever we need a answer. subscribing the submitter to
> ??????@bugs.d.o by default and giving the option to unsubscribe will
> just increase the number of Maintainers not thinking of CC the
> submitter.

The complete plan involves having nnn-submitter@ changing from being
an alias of the submitter's e-mail address to behaving like nnn@, with
the addition of making sure that the submitter gets a copy. See my
mails on this subject.

Don Armstrong

--
Only one creature could have duplicated the expressions on their
faces, and that would be a pigeon who has heard not only that Lord