Re: Explicitely Cc bug reporters

Le jeudi 10 septembre 2009 à 17:55 +0200, Bernhard R. Link a écrit :
> If all one does with the bugs is collecting them, hoping upstream will fix
> them (for which one does not even have the manpower to check oneself)
> or the submitters lose interest, then the current system is of course
> not favourable.

I fail to see how it is favorable to other cases. I used to have the
luxury to be able to track each and every report I received and hunt it
down myself, and it was already a major issue I had with the BTS. In all
cases, most bugs are easy to fix, and the difficulty is to understand
the exact issue the user is facing.

(Otherwise I always welcome solutions to lack of manpower, but so far
people seem to think the problem will solve itself eventually.)

> Otherwise most packages have some crowd of people following the package
> or even only specific bugs. Then additional user input not reaching them
> is losing valuate chances for additional information.

We’re not talking about preventing additional user input from reaching
other subscribers. We’re talking, on the contrary, about preventing
additional input from getting lost in the wild.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :