Re: RFC round 5: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 08:50:34AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Seems to me that we have a widely used convention (which might
>  not be universal) that will meet our needs, and at least seems
>  compatible with a lot of  software under distributed version control. I
>  think it well behooves us to re-use this, rather than go off an
>  reinvent the wheel ourselves and be incompatible with _everything_ else
>  out there.

FWIW, for having discussed it with Raphael on #-qa, he seems pretty much
convinced my proposal to make DEP3 compatible with git-format-patch is
going in the good direction.

He's annoyed I sent that mail so late (and FWIW sorry but I hadn't the
time to do it before, and when I had time in august I hadn't
connectivity.. but whatever) but I think the proposal will be amended so
that we're compatible.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit