who should cleanup /var/lib/update-rd.d ? should it be cleaned up at all?

Hi,

today I noticed that quite many packages fail the piuparts test, because of a
file left after purge in /var/lib/update-rd.d - who's responsibility is it to
clean this up? Each package? Or? Or shouldn't those be cleaned on purge and
piuparts should ignore those files? (I don't think the latter is the correct
approach.)

http://paste.debian.net/46146/ shows affected logs in sid.

regards,
	Holger