Re: State of developers-reference

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 08:57:54PM +0200, David Paleino wrote:
> > Lucas Nussbaum, le Mon 07 Sep 2009 18:28:11 +0200, a écrit :
> > > We could simply decide that it's deprecated, and use a set of wiki
> > > pages to document our procedures.
> >
> > I would like to raise the fact that Internet is not available
> > everywhere, so at least an easy way to get an offline copy of these
> > would be useful.
>
> Or use the developers-reference package, which you can install anytime (and
> which is the best choice IMHO).

Given the quote, Samuel's comment was about the proposal of having a
set of wiki pages; he is probably aware of the developers-reference
package containing the outcome of the current way of maintaining
devref.

I'm sure people like Holger can argue that, starting from Moin, you
can easily have a product that is packageable to use offline, by
exploiting the docbook rendering.  While this is true, my preference
is with the current state of affair, as I really fear losing the
important role of "editors" for documents like devref.  That
notwithstanding, I'm not in the condition of volunteering myself as a
co-maintainer of the devref.

Lucas, out of curiosity, have you tried to simple sent out an
announcement for co-maintainers to try continuing the "old style"
maintenance?

Cheers.