Re: DeviceKit and /usr

Le lundi 07 septembre 2009 à 11:48 +0200, Bjørn Mork a écrit :
> You're not seriously suggesting that DeviceKit-disks usage of g_print
> instead of printf is actually adding anything useful?

Yeah sure, just look at g_print and not at the other symbols used by
devkit-disks-part-id :
g_free g_slist_free g_print g_strdup g_printerr g_slist_append
g_strdup_printf g_fprintf g_vfprintf g_strchomp g_strjoinv
g_slist_length g_malloc0 g_build_filename g_file_get_contents
g_utf16_to_utf8 g_strfreev g_slist_nth_data

Are you suggesting that such an utility should implement its own linked
list structure, and unicode translation functions? Are you aware of the
security implications of using snprintf instead of g_strdup_printf?

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :