Re: udev and /usr

On Sep 04, Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org> wrote:

> Why do you not extend the current setup to do another step? Currently we
Even if this were possible at all, it would require (for a start):
- working out all the possible side effects of synthesizing all/most
  (which ones?) events a second time
- having to forward port these changes forever, with the possibility of
  a new architectural change making the exercise useless at any time

This is a development albatross which I do not need, and Debian neither.

> You could just add another ("change") trigger run after all filesystems
> are available. (Okay, this extra names must not be used in the fstab at
> all then.)
No reason to bother then, persistent names are indispensable for many
non-trivial systems.

--
ciao,
Marco