Re: Manually providing popcon data (Was: Future of the s390 port)

* Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>, 2009-09-03, 13:12:
So as long as there is no easy manual way to provide anonymized figures
without installing software on our production servers we can't deliver
such data :-( and yes, I know there are many reasons why a manual upload
form would be a bad idea regarding accuracy and actuality.

What about a popcon-offline package or configuration option of plain
popcon which just generates the content of the mail that is sended to
popcon.debian.org and leave it to the admin to send it manually.

I believe that one can implement (sort of) popcon-offline by setting:

MAILTO=root
USEHTTP=no

in the /etc/popularity-contest.conf file.

--
Jakub Wilk