Re: udev and /usr

Jonas Meurer wrote:
do we really consider to stop support for seperate /usr? after all fhs
supports seperate /usr by design. [1]
i hope that we keep fhs compability within debian.

I agree, but the problem is "how?".
Moving too much thinkgs from /usr to / is also against
the design of FHS, thus i prefer requiring /usr not to
be mountable.

BTW we doing worse things: we are not only requiring
/usr to be in the root partition, but also /usr/share.

We could move the ids files in /lib (or /usr/lib):
I really thing /usr/share should be nfs mountable!

ciao
	cate