Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 03:29:07PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Thanks for the git repo pointer. I appreciate the opportunity to
>  look at the kinds of changes you have needed, and  will see if I can
>  incorporate them into the next version of devotee I am (stalled on)
>  writing.

That's cool. I've tried to make reasonably self-contained commits,
with explanations that show what is general purpose and what is
not. All in all, the most stuff I added has been in the direction of
easing (i.e. make it quicker for non devotee-gurus) the setup and tear
down of polls. I believe this stuff is useful also for the devotee
main line.

If you need info about specific commits feel free to contact me in
private.

>         Hmm? The last vote I ran, I thought I was in sync between my git
>  version and the code that ran. Perhaps there have been changes made on
>  vote.d.o; I'll see if I can merge those back when I  have time to work
>  on devotee.

Well, I don't even know how do you check that the code is in sync. The
working dir on master is not a Git checkout and I haven't find a .git/
dir anywhere there. Did you use to manually apply changes retrieve
manually from the Git repo?

Cheers.