Re: Debian Policy 3.8.3.0 released: localized manpages

Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org> writes:
> On lun, 2009-08-17 at 13:01 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:

>> So surely the best way to tell if a translated page is out of date is
>> to compare these dates in the two documents, no?

> And I guess it should be easy to make a lintian test for that?

I suspect that this is going to not be as accurate as we might hope, but
it is at least fairly easy to check and there's a simple fix for false
positives (updating the .TH date), so it seems reasonable to me.

Note that a lot of man pages don't have a date on the .TH line.  It's not
required.