Re: Compilers and GCC-X.Y-SOURCE build-deps

On 2009-08-17, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:
>   I am wanting to build packages (cross compilers) that build depend on
> gcc-X.Y-source binary package containing source and other packages (C
> library, kernel headers, linker packages). The plan visualization is
> available at my home on the emdebian server[1].
>
>   In the archive I can find a couple of examples, a) gcc-mingw32 and b)
> gcj/gnat packages. While a) duplicates gcc source, b) build depend on
> the binary package containing the source. The reason gcc-mingw32
> contains the source it is AFAICT that it was rejected by ftp masters.
>
>   So, if I want to build the compilers, so those can be available on the
> Debian archive, is it posible to do it the b) way or is there any
> restriction against it.

We need to do two things:

 a) declare against what you built in the deb,
 b) make dak keep those sources to ensure GPL compliance.

Doesn't sound like rocket science but someone has to do it.  Another
potential user would be those extra modules for the kernel where we need
to fix up compliance manually at the moment.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern