Re: Debian Policy 3.8.3.0 released: localized manpages

Hello,
On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 10:44:33AM +0200, Michal ??iha?? wrote:
> Dne Sun, 16 Aug 2009 16:31:09 +0800
> Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> napsal(a):
>
> > Could the i18n team write something about the technical details of
> > doing translated manual pages the "right way" that could be shown to
> > upstreams and promoted via lwn.net, blogs and similar? I wanted to do
> > translated manual pages for chromium-bsu upstream but not knowing how
> > to do it properly prevented me from doing it at all.
>
> Probably using po4a is the easiest way to handle man pages.

You might refer upstream to working examples like dpkg which have
quite a substantive use of i18n, including po4a for man pages. And of
course po4a is well documented in - you guessed it - its man pages,
which are even translated in some languages.

Greetings

           Helge