Re: Remove control field Conflicts if the package is no longer in the repository

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
On Wed, Aug 12 2009, Timur Birsh wrote:

Hello Debian Developers,

I've recently uploaded (thanks to Bart Martens for sponsoring) my first package and want to adopt the next one. It's cd-discid [1]. Its debian/control file contains the Conflicts field. This package conflicts with cdgrab (<< 0.7), which is no longer exists in the repository. So, I have a question, may I remove Conflicts field safely?

        I think that as long as the package (cdgrab, in this case) is
 not longer in stable, the conflicts line may be removed (we support
 partial upgrades from stable, as far as is possible). In this case,
 apparently cdgrab is not anywhere, so the conflicts line may go.

Really it is still in the archive, but with an other name.
So I see two options:
- replace cdgrab (<< 0.7) with abcde (<< 0.7)
- remove the conflicts (because it is too old).

Notes:
The rename was done just before freezing potato, nearly 10 years ago.

See also abcde changelog:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/a/abcde/abcde_2.3.99.8-1/changelog

ciao
	cate